Our strategy is consistency, vigilance and accountability. Our Number One Initiative is Safety.
Ace has an entire department focused solely on safety! Our objective is to maintain and continuously improve safe practices on our jobsites, as well as enhance work culture and productivity. Ace’s safety program is one of the most current, extensive, and all-encompassing safety programs in the construction industry.
- Practice integrity and enforce accountability for safety while working in harmony with production.
- Concerted efforts are made to ingrain guiding safety principles into every plan, job, and activity to ensure every employee makes it home without injury.
- All Safety Professionals work cooperatively with every division, department, and employee to support overall productivity of the electrical trade and construction projects.
- As one of our company Core Values, safety is not only prioritized for our employees, but also for our industry and business partners working around us.
Our positive safety culture is led and embraced by all Executive and Division Leadership.
- Safety Director: Our Safety Director facilitates continuous improvement of all safety programs, ensuring that each division is effective in consistently conducting operations within a strong safety culture.
- Safety Professionals: Each operational division of Ace Electric has a designated team member assigned to serve as the Division Safety Professional and/or Regional Safety Coordinator.
The Safety Department structure is designed to be scalable depending on the size and scope of projects. As needed, site safety professionals are assigned to specific job sites that need unique attention based on workforce numbers or the scope of work.
We are committed to holding ourselves accountable for the safety of our team by continuously measuring our outcomes. The following are some of the leading and lagging indicators to measure the effectiveness of our Safety Program.
- Incidents Reported
- Average Number of Employees
- Corrective Actions
- At-Fault Accidents
- Man Hours
- Energized Electrical Work Permits
- Confined Space Permits issued
- LOTO Audits Near Misses Reported
- DART Rate
- OSHA Recordables
- Safety Audits
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Units in Fleet
- Experience Mod Rate
- New Energizations
- Excavation Permits issued
- Total IAuditor Activity
- Total Case Incident Rate (TCIR)
- To remain consistent in our success and relevant in our industry, we are committed to ensuring our safe work standards are based on trusted and verified data.
Every effort is made to ensure improvement in productivity.
We encourage our team to find creative solutions for problems and empower them to act.
Our safety professionals are provided with continuing education and training opportunities to raise their professional standards and expertise.
Intentional efforts are made to analyze data in real time so the company can focus on what works, correct ineffective methods, or terminate unsuccessful efforts.
To help drive safety, our Safety Department promotes our company’s mission to Identify, Hire, Train, and Retain the Very Best People. The approach to safety at Ace Electric is based on personal responsibility, hazard awareness, and proactive problem solving. It is a commitment that demands effort on everyone’s part to understand the benefits of a strong safety culture.
Further training for all of Ace’s employees includes:
- Electrical Safety
- CPR & Standard First Aid
- Powder Actuated Tools
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Aerial Platform Lifts
- Ladder /Stairways
- Confined Space Entry
- Defensive Driver/Vehicle Operation
- Arc Flash
- Hazard Communication
- Lead/Asbestos Awareness
- Forklift Operation
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire Prevention/Extinguisher Usage
- Tool Safety